Of course it's another baby update! Do I really have anything else as exciting going on in my life?
So, I went in for my first weekly doctor visit to see how I'm dilating, and to see how the baby is positioned, well, while the doctor was checking me, he got a funny look on his face and said, "I feel feet!" UH-OH! Was the first thing that came to my mind. He then proceeded to tell me that if the baby stayed breech then we would have to talk about my options, in other words, C-Section!
As nice as it would be to know exactly when this child is going to come into the world, it would be even better if they didn't have to cut me open in order to make that happen. Although the more I think about it, the more I'm preparing myself for him to not turn. So, I am starting to mentally prepare myself for a C-Section, which will be great because then I can tell Tessa and Joe that their son will be here on this day! Since they are both planning on coming down for the birth. But, I still have my hopes that he will be a good boy and turn. (Does poking them help?) Hahah!
Other than the news of him being breech, all is well. Just have the "normal" pregnancy aches and pains. But it will all be over soon. And I cannot wait to see Tessa and Joe hold their son for the first time.
5 comments:
How about standing on your head??! "Let whatever happens be OK." Either way, you just want both of you to be healthy and you will be. Maybe that normal birth is being saved for you and a future husband and your first baby together :)
Our baby is breech, or was at my last appt. They said it's not that big of a deal until you're in labor. Which scares me, but they can also turn him, which I will do if he is still breech, but Rob reminded me (when I was freaking out) that Claire was breech until the last week of my pregnancy. So don't panic.
I sure hope you're right Aunt Karen. And Juliann, Roberta had told me that its quite painful to have the baby turned, so I dunno.. I'm nervous either way. But thanks for giving me hope that he will in fact turn!
My first 2 babies were both breech right up until I had them. They were good kids and new they needed to turn. So I wouldn't be to worried!
I am sure whatever happens will be the right thing because I have no doubt you are in God's hands, dear Brenda. What an amazing person you are!
Post a Comment