Monday, February 16, 2009

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone

You know, having a job the past two weeks has made me realize how depressed I had been before I got this job.. Yes, I admit that I was sick most of the time, but when I wasn't feeling sick, I was moping around the house feeling sorry for myself that I didn't have a job. Now, having a job that I love, makes every day something I look forward to facing!
I am also happy to say that in two weeks time, I will be in Portland spending a week with the family who is going to adopt the baby. And I will see Roberta in the process. :) I never knew I could feel so excited and so nervous at the same time! It will be a week spent bonding with the family who will take my son and raise him as their own, and I know I will love every minute of it, and I am sure that I will just cry when I have to leave to come home.
I am happy to say that the baby is healthy and strong! And I am doing well also.. I am at a good weight, having only gained 4 pounds so far, although I have to admit, I think I haven't gained much because of how sick I was to begin with, but my doctor said that I was at a very good weight for being as far along as I am.. I can't believe I only have four more months to go..

So, life is good, I am happy to say! It was quite a time when I doubted I would ever be able to smile again, but I am back to my cheerful, happy self! Thanks to all of the love and support I've been given.

3 comments:

Heather Macbeth said...

OH I'm so excited that you'll be able to meet the birth parents in person before the actual birth. That will be a wonderful experience, I'm sure. As for the 4 pounds, that really is good! I haven't gained ANY weight and have lost 7 pounds instead (I also blame all of the nausea). Anyway I'm glad you love your job. Have a wonderful week!

April Bishop said...

It's nice to hear you happy. You are a strong person and handling this in an amazing way. Keep smiling.

Karen said...

See??? You can be a rock! Keep up the PMA! xoxo